This dish offers the satisfaction of meat loaf, but with a totally different, somewhat Asian, spin. Some unusual ingredients ingredients, but easy and healthy!
- 6 scallions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 strips of lime zest
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground turkey (half dark and light meat)
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 14 oz can unsweetened low fat coconut milk, regular milk may be substituted
- 3/4 cup Thai peanut sauce - store bought or homemade is fine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbl sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 6 muffin pan cups (or three small loaf pans) with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
Chop the scallions, cilantro, lime zest and garlic cloves 10-12 times in a food processor with the chopping blade until finely chopped.
Scrape into a large bowl. Add the turkey, rice, half cup each of the coconut milk and peanut sauce and the sesame oil. Mix thoroughly with hands.
Pack the turkey mixture into the pans and bake until instant thermometer reads 170 degrees, about 30 minutes.
While the turkey bakes, make a sauce by whisking the remaining coconut milk, peanut sauce and sugar.
To serve, unload the loaves onto a platter, serve the sauce at room temp or slightly warmed.